Friday, June 27, 2008

The Princess Bride

I've probably seen this movie a hundred times, and it never gets old. It is the perfect mix of action, romance, fantasy, and humor. It's a family-friendly movie, other than one scene at the end that I'm not sure why they had to put in there.. If you don't laugh when you see this movie I will be VERY surprised, and I'll know who doesn't have any sense of humor :p
Girls and guys alike love this movie, it's not a "guy" or "girl" movie, it's great for anybody. When I fist heard what it was about, my thoughts were similar to the little boy in the beginning of the movie.. where's the action? but I loved it then, and I still love it now. It's no wonder the little boy asked his grandpa to come read the story to him the next day! Monsters, giants, true love, miracles, sword-fights, pirates, danger, kidnapping, adventure, and sprinkled generously throughout, a hilarious sense of good humor that will have you doubled over with laughter. This movie gets better each time you see it, and although does not fit into my favorite style of movie filled with lots of action and fighting, it easily has become a classic in most families. Few people have ever seen this movie one time. Usually, it's either none at all, or dozens of times. I guarantee you won't be disappointed with this movie. Some little kids may not be able to see it, but my entire family has seen it dozens of times, and I have a lot of little siblings. No doubt about it, this one gets a 10 star rating :)

2 comments:

Amy Q said...

Just had to comment -- this is my husbands favorite too! Great review. If you like writing reviews you should check out http://www.spout.com/ its a movie review site plus more - my brother is involved with this small company and they are looking for more Christian/family friendly perspectives! Blessings!
the Q fam

Amy Q said...

Just had to comment -- this is my husbands favorite too! Great review. If you like writing reviews you should check out http://www.spout.com/ its a movie review site plus more - my brother is involved with this small company and they are looking for more Christian/family friendly perspectives! Blessings!
the Q fam