Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Passion of the Christ

This movie was probably one of the most inspirational movies I have seen. It is rated R because of the extremely realistic nature of the crucifixion. However, it really makes you have a better sense of what Jesus went through physically to save our souls, not to mention spiritually. If ever there was a movie that should be bloody and realistic, this is it. I would highly recommend this movie to any Christian, even if you don't like blood and violence. You will probably never look at the crucifixion the same after seeing this movie. The movie is focused on the last six hours of Jesus' life, but it is interspersed with flashbacks of his lifetime. There is one really really cool part where he is playing with his Mother Mary, and splashes her with water, I think it brought out the core of His loving nature very well. The whole movie is very emotionally involved, and sucks you right into the middle of the story like never before. This movie is Mel Gibson at his best. I cannot reccomend this movie enough. Usually I like exciting action-packed movies, but this on, though it lacked those elements became one of my favorites instantly.
I give this movie a 9.5 rating. Now go see it.

No comments: