Friday, April 11, 2008

Pirates of the Caribbean- The Curse of The Black Pearl

Well, with a movie like this, it's hard to know where to start. First off, I'll say I was reather impressed, and will certainly be seeing this one again. This movie has everything I could as of it; a clean and heartwarming love story, action, humor, adventure, fighting, and some pretty awesome special effects. Some families don't like the idea of some of the magic involved in this story. It's not my place to judge that, but if you're ok with say, the Lord of The Rings, then this movie will probably be fine as far as that goes. It's not suitable for easily frightened children, as there are pirates bound by an ancient curse that keeps them from going to their final place of rest until they have undone the curse. When they go into the moonlight, they are seen how they really are- dead, bones with rags of rotted clothing hanging from them basically. I was very impressed with the computer generation of these characters. Most teens and older children will love this movie, as well as a lot of adults. In my humble opinion, this one is worth watching, and deserves the popularity it received almost instantly after being released. Captain Jack Sparrow is probably the funniest character in this movie, though most of the pirates are pretty funny too.
on the 1-10 scale, I give this movie a 9

No comments: