Friday, May 2, 2008

The Bourne Ultimatum

This, the final segment of the Bourne series capped it off in shining glory. I'd love to tell what happens in the end, but it would ruin the story for anybody else watching the movie. In the ultimatum, Bourne remembers everything, his real name is David Webb, but his name was changed to Jason Bourne. Jason again is fighting the very organization he was working for to save his own life. I was really impressed that they didn't ruin the third segment like they do to most trilogies. In fact, I think this one was the best of all three. Even though it's nearly midnight, and I was up until midnight last night and up at 6 this morning, I had no trouble staying awake for this movie. The action is so real it feels like I should dodge to miss the gunshot aimed in the direction of the camera. The storyline is not the very best I've ever viewed, but it's right up there. Familywise, this one was the most family-friendly of the three, though I still would keep it for an older audience. The language was toned down a bit from the first two, and although there was more high-speed violence throughout the entire film, the blood/gore was a little less than the first two. I highly suggest you watch this series if you like action movies at all. This one, because it was more family friendly can get a higher rating than Supremecy and Identity. I give it a 9 on the 0-10 scale.

No comments: