Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Walk To Remember

Now before I can even start writing a review on this movie, I have to say I'm not usually a fan of romantic movies. I've always been a hard-core action fan. However, this movie touched me like none other. I had trouble not crying by the end of the movie. I cannot recommend it highly enough. This is the story of Landon Carter, a wild rebel and prankster, constantly making bad choices, and how his life is turned around by the faith and love of Jamie Sullivan. Eventually they fall in love, and every day his life is touched more and more by her. He starts to take her faith on as his own. Then, one fateful day, Jamie tells him she has a terminal disease, and has had for the last two years. Landon is torn up inside, but he still loves her whole-heartedly. I don't want to ruin the movie, but without knowing a little bit about the end, you might not think this movie would be any good. All I can say is that the last five minutes of the movie make up for anything less desirable in the rest of the movie. There is some language throughout this movie, but compared to most movies out there today it was pretty mild. Whether you are a crazy action fan like me, or a romantic, or even not a movie watcher at all, I think you should watch this movie. It will probably move you to at least wanting to cry. I know it did me, and I am not one to be emotionally stirred in that way by any means. This movie was friendly for most of the family, the only objectionable part as far as that goes was the little bit of language. I give this movie a 9.5 out of ten. I really enjoyed it, and I'm sure you will too!

No comments: