Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mummy

The only reason I even watched this movie was because I couldn't find a good christian review on it anywhere I looked, so I decided to give it one. I got it for free (on my ipod again) so I decided to try it out. I didn't think it was too bad, but a lot of people would freak out seeing this movie. It's kindof a mix between a horror thriller and an action flick. There were plenty of parts that even made me shudder, and I'm not easily upset by stuff like that. Several people get eaten alive by scarab flesh-eating beetles, mummies come to life etc.. surprisingly in this movie there was almost no blood at all. However, the cursed mummy guy who comes to life would probably freak out most people trying to watch it. The storyline of the movie was pretty good, and the computer generation was incredible, however, this was not a movie that I would say "You've got to see this!" by any means. It was ok, but really pretty much a waste of time to see it. The "creepy" factor was pretty high as well, so definitely this is not a children's movie. If you want to watch it, go ahead, the only warnings I have are that in the beginning the pharaoh's mistress is somewhat inappropriately dressed for a short introductory scene, and the dead people coming to life are pretty creepy. Other than that, very little blood, and no language that I can think of. This movie gets 4 out of 10

No comments: